WK綜合論壇, WK综合论坛

查看:376 回復:1 發表於 2017-6-10 11:25:41
累計簽到:391 天
連續簽到:1 天
發表於 2016-9-18 16:51:40 | 顯示全部樓層 |閱讀模式

[英文] 晨读英语美文:生活的启示 [複製鏈接]

晨读英语美文:生活的启示
7 S( l9 j6 Z/ T& K; S

- ]  D$ U* |4 S& c3 z& t- v  A daughter complained to her father about her life and how things were so hard for her, She did not know she was going to make it and want to give up. She was tired of fighting and struggling. It seemed as one problem was solved a new one arose.1 N; J% q6 X; o+ ~, w: L
  有一个女孩向她父亲抱怨她的生活,她觉得凡事都很艰难,不知该怎样挺过去,想放弃。她厌倦了不断的抗争和奋斗,似乎一个问题刚刚解决,另一个问题马上呈现。
# r7 i3 \& E! Y& K' C  Her father, a cook, took her to the kitchen, He filled three pots with water and placed each on a high fire .Soon the pots came to a boil. In one he placed carrots, in the second he placed eggs, and in the last he placed ground coffee beans. He led them sit and boil, without saying a word.
0 U8 A& I6 a# X9 L" J  她的父亲是个厨师,他把她带到了厨房。他在三个壶里分别装满了水,然后放到高温的火上烧。很快,壶里的水被煮开了。他往第一个壶里放了些胡萝卜,往第二个壶里放了几个鸡蛋,在最后一个壶里放了些磨碎的咖啡豆,然后,一句话也没说,他由着水把它们煮沸。
# a# N2 U) d' N* ~. W9 f  The daughter sucked her teeth and impatiently waited, wondering what he was doing. In about twenty minutes he turned off the burners, He fished the carrots out and placed them in a bowl. He pulled the eggs out and placed them a bowl. Then he ladled the coffee out and placed it in a mug. Turning to her he asked," Darling, what do you see?", _9 E+ \# J- p
  女儿咂巴着牙齿发出声响,不耐烦地等着,对父亲的行为感到很纳闷。大约二十分钟后,父亲关掉了火炉,把胡萝卜捞出来,放到一个碗里。又把鸡蛋拣出来放进另一个碗里,接着把咖啡用勺子舀出来倒进一个杯子里,然后转过头来,对她说,“亲爱的,你看到的是什么?”2 o" v) k# S* H" ]+ \
  "Carrots, eggs, and coffee." she replied.7 k( P; m2 u! X( u0 a
  “胡萝卜、鸡蛋和咖啡。”她答道。
8 H9 _6 v8 t" r0 _  He brought her closer and asked her to feel the carrots, she did and noted that they were soft .He then asked her to take an egg and break it. After pulling off the shell, she observed the hard-boiled egg. Finally, he asked her to sip the coffee .She smiled, as she tasted its rich aroma.7 J0 M5 [0 c- k6 m; Z& G
  父亲把她带近了这些东西,要她去摸胡萝卜,她摸了之后,注意到,它们变柔软了。然后,他又要她去拿一个鸡蛋并把它敲破,在把壳剥掉之后,她观察了这个煮熟的鸡蛋。最后,父亲要她饮一口咖啡。尝着芳香四溢的咖啡,她微笑起来。
* m- Z, H. E9 a7 g/ A* R4 L  "What does it mean, Father?" she humbly asked.
6 P1 i" y0 Y% h, i; x  “这是什么意思,父亲?”她谦逊地问道。& j, u9 G9 q. x
  He explained that each of them had faced the same adversity, boiling water, but each reacted differently. The carrot went in strong, hard, and unrelenting. But after being subjected to the boiling water, it softened and weak. The egg had being fragile. Its thin outer shell had protected its liquid interior, but after sitting through the boiling water. its inside became hardened ,The ground coffee beans were unique ,however ,After they were in the boiling water ,they had changed the water .( E# M; E7 K, ~; q& z. }) s
  父亲解释说,这三样东西面临着同样的逆境——煮沸的水。但它们的反应却各不相同。胡萝卜本是硬的,坚固而且强度大,但受到煮沸的水的影响后,它变得柔软而脆弱。鸡蛋本来易碎,薄薄的外壳保护着内部的液体。但是在经历过煮沸的水以后,它的内部却变得坚硬。不过,最独特的却是磨碎的咖啡豆,当它们被放入煮沸的水之后,它们却改变了水。: t6 N7 p; d. h" [& n! a  p: r2 c. G# {" c- z
  "Which are you?" he asked his daughter.
% v+ B; e2 Q5 s# V: }' m( q! m  “哪一个是你呢?”他问女儿。6 q/ |$ }0 P3 I( c
  When adversity knocks on your door, how do you respond? Are you a carrot, an egg or a coffee bean?: o5 Q8 i7 S2 y
  当逆境找上你时,你该如何应对呢? 你是胡萝卜、鸡蛋,还是咖啡豆?. ?: P) |! o  y" y
; s( L! B1 t$ h. H& e6 T
桃妖视频站,海量在线视频任你播
累計簽到:644 天
連續簽到:1 天
發表於 2017-6-10 11:25:41 | 顯示全部樓層
VIP精品區,資源無限好賺金任務區,輕松賺金幣
加入VIP,享受高級特權宣傳賺金又升級,超級棒
偶像^^小生一直都在關注你的原創!小生對你之仰慕如滔滔江水連綿不絕!

回復樓主 親!! 現在是後半夜!妳失眠啦?餓啦?通宵加班?還是想WK啦?

分享同時學會感恩,一句感謝的話語,就是最大的支持!  歡迎交流討論
您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即注册

本版積分規則

c重要聲明:本論壇是以即時上載言論的方式運作,WK論壇對所有言論的真實性、立場及版權等,不負任何法律責任。而一切言論只代表發佈者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶務必自行判斷內容之真實性。 由於本論壇受到「即時上載言論」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有言論,若讀者及用戶發現有內容出現「真實性、立場及版權」等問題,請聯絡我們:[email protected]論壇有權刪除任何言論(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知)| SiteMap[網站地圖]

發表新帖 返回頂部